Garden Guests Cake
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Non-stick pan spray
Cake serves 94.
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-Tier Paisley Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Fresh Flower Cake Spikes Add to shopping list Fresh Flower Cake Spikes
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 22-gauge green cloth-covered florist wire (2 pieces, each 7 in. long)
- 20 x 15 in. plywood or foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Waxed paper
- Cotton Balls
At least 3 days in advance: Make 2 large royal icing butterflies on wires. Tape wing patterns to cake board and cover with waxed paper. For easy release, spray waxed paper with non-stick vegetable pan spray and wipe off excess with soft tissue. For butterfly, cover with tip 4 outlines. Make extras to allow for breakage. Let dry 24 hours. Carefully remove from waxed paper. Assemble butterflies on waxed paper-covered board. For butterfly body, pipe a tip 5 line, 1 1/2 in. long; insert wire and overpipe another tip 5 line. Insert wings and support with cotton balls to maintain angle. Overpipe body with same tip for head and body. Let dry completely.
Make fondant flowers. Tint 1 oz. portions of fondant blue, violet, orange and pink. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut flowers specified in directions using cutters from set. Place on thick foam and cup centers using rounded end of modeling stick dipped in cornstarch. Roll small balls (1/8 to 1/4 in. diameter) for centers. Attach using damp brush. Let dry. Use assorted colors to make 10-12 each: apple blossoms, daisies and pansies using cutters from set.
Prepare base board. Using largest pan as a guide, cut board 1 in. larger than pan on all sides. Cover with chocolate fondant.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Ice smooth with chocolate buttercream and prepare for Stacked Construction.
Use pattern to mark side scrolls: 1 on top tier, 1 1/2 on middle tier, 2 on bottom tier. Use light brown buttercream icing to cover main stems with tip 7 outlines. Use green to add tip 4 side stems.
Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders. Attach flowers with icing dots.
At reception: Fill 2 Flower Spikes with chocolate fondant; insert butterflies, trimming wires as needed to vary heights. Insert spikes into cake.
Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.
Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
Combine Brown with Red-Red for light brown shown.