Furry Face Mini Cakes
Rabbit mini cakes make sweet Easter treats! They’re covered with an easy, pour-on coating of melted candy. Tinted candy is piped on for the cute bunny ears and features.
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
solid vegetable shortening
Each cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Jelly Roll Pan Add to shopping list Jelly Roll Pan
- Easy-Add Bunny Face Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Bunny Face Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- 5/8 in. wide blue satin ribbon
Bake and cool 1 in. high cake in jelly roll pan. Cut faces using bunny cutter. Place on cooling grid over cookie sheet.
Add 1 teaspoon of solid vegetable shortening to melted white candy to achieve pouring consistency; add an additional teaspoon of shortening if needed.
Cover cakes with melted white candy. Refrigerate until firm. Cover with a second coat of candy; refrigerate until firm.
Tint a small portion of melted white candy pink using candy color.
Using melted pink, white and cocoa candy in cut parchment bags, pipe inside ears, eyes, pupils, nose, whiskers, teeth and mouth. Refrigerate until firm.
Make bow from satin ribbon. Attach to cake with melted candy; let set.