Fun's A Shore Thing Cake
Your personal stretch of tropical beach is shaded with a candy shell umbrella and adorned with vibrant royal icing flowers. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
granulated brown sugar
Cake serves 28.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Tip: 1B or Tip: 2DEasy-Add Tip: 1B Add to shopping list Tip: 1B
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 326 Add to shopping list Tip: 326
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add 12 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 12 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
- Easy-Add Beach Sandals 6- Piece Candle Set Add to shopping list Beach Sandals 6- Piece Candle Set
- Waxed paper
*Brand confectionery coating.
At least 1 day before decorating cake, on waxed paper covered cake board, make royal icing drop flowers using tip 1B or 2D in orange, violet, rose and yellow (approximately 32 flowers are used in this project - make additional in case of breakage); add tip 3 yellow dot flower centers. Allow to dry completely.
Melt yellow candy following package instructions. Fill one sports ball pan half with melted candy. Place in refrigerator until a 1/4 in. thick shell has formed, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Pour out excess candy; smooth top edges with a spatula and refrigerate an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully unmold the shell.
If you have difficulty, place in freezer 2 to 3 minutes, then unmold. Allow candy shell come to room temperature.
With dots of royal icing, divide outer edge of shell into 24 sections. Pipe multi-colored tip 5 royal icing lines from marked edge to the top center shell. Add a tip 5 ball at top center. Let dry.
Attach candy stick "pole" to bottom of shell with melted candy Let set.
Bake your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix in round pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Arrange cake on foil-wrapped cake board.
Spatula ice cake top smooth in white buttercream; ice sides smooth with yellow buttercream. Pipe buttercream icing tip 326 leaf bottom border; position flowers on leaves.
Tint piping gel blue; spread on portion of cake top for "water". Cover the rest of cake top with brown sugar "sand". Position umbrella and sandal candles.