Fun on the Web Cupcakes
Should spider quips be called “insect asides”? Get the party conversations started with Halloween-themed cupcakes featuring buttercream insects and royal icing webbing .
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each serves 1.
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Smiling Pumpkin Standard Baking Cups or Halloween themed baking cupEasy-Add Smiling Pumpkin Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Smiling Pumpkin Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Halloween Cupcakes 'N More® Dessert Stand Add to shopping list Halloween Cupcakes 'N More® Dessert Stand
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Waxed paper
Combine leaf green and lemon yellow icing colors for green shown. In advance, make webs. Tape wide web pattern on the outside of large flower former; cover pattern with waxed paper and tape in place. Tape narrow web pattern to cake board; cover pattern with waxed paper and tape in place. Use tip 5 and black royal icing to outline web patterns. Make 4 of each size web and extras to allow for breakage. Let all webs dry overnight. Carefully remove from waxed paper.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Ice smooth in yellow buttercream with spatula. Using orange, violet and green buttercream icing and tip 12, pipe spider body. Pipe tip 10 head. Use tip 3 and white buttercream to pipe whites of eyes and tip 2 and black icing to pipe pupils. Pipe tip 4 legs.
Position cupcakes on stand. Place wide webs on lower level of stand and narrow webs on top level of stand.