Full-Tilt Celebration Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Numerals Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Alphabet/Numerals Icing Decorations
- Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment confetti sprinkles usedEasy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
- Easy-Add Cake Release Add to shopping list Cake Release
- light corn syrup
- Candy-coated chocolates
- candy sticks
- Yellow spice drops
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Topsy Turvy Pan Add to shopping list Topsy Turvy Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icings in covered containers until ready to use.
Make 3 cups buttercream icing:
Tint 1 3/4 cups yellow (thin with 1 1/2 Tablespoons light corn syrup)
Reserve 1 1/4 cups white
Decorate in Order
Ice cake smooth with thinned yellow icing.
Use tip 12 and white icing to pipe icing "dripping" down tops of each tier.
Position candy coated chocolates for bottom borders on all tiers.
Place confetti sprinkles on cake sides and position icing decoration message.
Make candy stick "candles. Flatten spice drops and cut into flame shape; attach to candy sticks with tip 12 mounds of white icing. Insert into cake top.
Preheat oven to 350°F or temperature per recipe directions. Your cake will unmold easily, without sticking, when you prepare the pan properly. Grease the inside of pan using a pastry brush and solid vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine or liquid vegetable oil). Spread the shortening so that all indentations are covered. Sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons flour inside pan and shake so that flour covers all greased surfaces.
Turn pan upside down and tap lightly to remove excess flour. If any shiny spots remain, touch up with more shortening and flour to prevent cake from sticking. (You can use vegetable oil pan spray or vegetable oil pan spray with flour, in place of solid shortening and flour or use Wilton Cake Release, for perfect, crumb-free cakes!).
Make one 2-layer cake mix according to package or recipe directions. Pour the cake batter into pan, and if necessary, spread the batter around with a spatula to fill all areas of the pan evenly. Be careful not to touch sides or bottom of pan.
Bake cake on middle rack of 350°F oven for 30-40 minutes or until cake tests done according to recipe directions.
Remove cake from oven and cool on cake rack for 10 minutes. While the cake is still in the pan, carefully slice off the raised center portion of the cake. This allows the cake to sit more level and helps prevent cracking.
To remove cake from pan, place cooling rack against cake and turn both cake rack and pan over. Lift pan off carefully. Cool cake at least one hour. Brush loose crumbs off cake.
To transfer cake to serving board, hold a cake board against cake and turn both cake and rack over. Lift off rack. Hold another board against bottom of cake and turn cake over. Be sure to hold cake, rack and board close together while turning to prevent cake from cracking.
We recommend hand washing pan in hot, soapy water.