Friendly Fortress Castle Cake
A 2-layer Sheet Pan cake provides the base for a congenial castle. Use red icing to cover Romantic Castle Cake Set turrets; accentuate architectural elements with gum drops, sugar cubes and piped-icing details
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Red Colored Sugar
2 bags Spearmint leaves
Cake serves 45.
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
Ice castle turret peaks smooth with red royal icing and sprinkle with red sugars; let dry. Pipe tip 5 trim on door and tower turrets with yellow royal icing; let dry.
Bake and cool 2-layer (1 1/2 in. each) 9 x 13 in. sheet cakes. Position cake on foil-covered board and ice smooth in white buttercream icing.
Assemble castle according to package directions. Use buttercream icing to attach four largest turret towers to corners, two small turret towers in front, two medium turret towers in back.
Insert two small and one medium turret tower into center of cake. Position free-standing windows on cake and outline with tip 5 royal icing.
Cut spearmint leaves in thirds lengthwise with scissors and coat with granulated sugar. Attach leaves around base of cake with tip 5 and green royal icing.
Attach sugar cubes around top border of cake with tip 2 dots of white buttercream icing. Position turret peaks.
**Note: Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for red shown. Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown.
*Brand confectionery coating.