Friendly Fiend Cake
This grinning ghoul will be the delight of any Halloween celebration. Create the three-eyed monster using the Wilton Jack-O’-Lantern Cake Pan.
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
Rose Icing Color (Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown)Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- 101 Cookie Cutter Set (moon cutter used)Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add 13 in. Round Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 13 in. Round Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Jack-O-Lantern Cake Pan with Flutes Add to shopping list Jack-O-Lantern Cake Pan with Flutes
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
Prepare and roll out cookie dough 1/8 in. thick. Cut out four moons using cutter from set. Cut off approx. 3/4 in. from the bottom. Turn cutter around and cut out four more moons. Cut off approx. 3/4 in. from the bottom. Bake and cool completely.
To create cake board, place pan upside down and cookies near the mouth area on board and trace. Cut out and wrap in foil.
Bake and cool cake according to pan directions. Place on a foil-wrapped cake board.
Prepare buttercream icing. Tint portions black, violet, green and red; leave some white.
Ice inside of mouth and nose area of cake smooth with spatula and black icing. For new mouth area, fill in eye cavities with tip 8 and black icing. Outline mouth with tip 8 and black icing. Use spatula to fill in.
Ice rest of cake smooth with spatula and purple icing.
Pipe teeth with tip 8 and white icing; pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Tint coconut black; fill in nose and mouth cavities.
For eyes, insert three gumballs into mouth cavity. Pipe pupils with tip 8 and black icing.
For tongue, outline and fill in with tip 12 and red icing. Smooth with spatula.
Pipe icing between cookies with tip 18 and green icing; sandwich together four similarly shaped cookies for one horn. Position horns next to cake. Pipe lines to cover horns with tip 18 and green icing.