Fowl Weather Friend Cake
Holiday penguin takes the star cake pan in a new direction! Easy techniques are all you need for this fun fellow. (Remember to start with chocolate icing when making black so less icing color in needed.)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Star Pan Add to shopping list Star Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Lightly ice cake with spatula. Trace patterns with toothpick. Build up facial area with tip 8 mounds. Pipe eyes and inside of mouth with tip 8 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cover cake with tip 16 stars. Outline beak with tip 5; overpipe to build up (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 16 rosettes for hat trim and pompom. Pipe tip 3 zigzag scarf; add tip 3 pull-out fringe. Pipe tip 2A elongated shell feet.
*Note: Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown. Add Black Icing Color to chocolate icing for black shown.