For the Hearty Appetite Cake
A great way to create a themed dessert for a crowd! Start with one heart-shaped cake and bake extra cupcakes or cookies to provide the additional servings needed.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Hearts Remembered Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Hearts Remembered Icing Decorations
Cake serves 12; each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add SweetHeart Pan Add to shopping list SweetHeart Pan
- Easy-Add 9 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 9 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Mini Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Hearts Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Hearts Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 32 Add to shopping list Tip: 32
- Easy-Add White Mini Baking Cups Add to shopping list White Mini Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Plastic ruler
Bake and cool 2-layer SweetHeart cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. high layers for a 3 in. high cake) and 16 mini cupcakes.
Prepare SweetHeart cake for rolled fondant. Tint 36 oz. of fondant rose and a 3 in. ball red; reserve remaining white.
Cover cake with rose fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick.
Using Cutter/Embosser, cut a 3 1/2 x 32 in. long strip; attach to bottom border with damp brush curving over top edge with fingers. Smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using Cutter/Embosser, cut 20 strips, 1/4 x 3 1/2 in. high.
Attach to cake sides with damp brush, 1 1/2 in. apart. Roll out red fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut 20 hearts using 1 1/4 in. cutter from set.
Attach hearts to cake sides with damp brush. On cupcake tops, pipe tip 32 swirl in buttercream. Position large heart icing decorations.
Position cupcakes on SweetHeart cake.