Fluttering on Flowers Cupcakes
You’ll attract more than butterflies when serving cupcakes baked in Yellow, Lavender, and Pink Petal Baking Cups. Two-legged critters will flock around these cakes done up with fetching flower and winged forms.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (6 oz. makes 18-20 butter-flies)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add 6-Mix Easter Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list 6-Mix Easter Sprinkle Assortment
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Pink Petal Baking Cups Add to shopping list Pink Petal Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Lavender Petal Baking Cups Add to shopping list Lavender Petal Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Yellow Petal Baking Cups Add to shopping list Yellow Petal Baking Cups
- Easter Mini Metal Cutter Set (butterfly)Easy-Add Easter Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Easter Mini Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Cardstock (4 x 6 in. or larger)
In advance: Make butterflies. Tint 1 1/2 oz. portions of fondant rose, violet and yellow. Tint 1/2 oz. of each color in a darker shade. Roll out light fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut butterflies using mini cutter. Fold cardstock accordion style; dust with cornstarch and position butterflies in folds to dry. Roll 3/16 in. diameter logs of dark fondant. Cut 1 in. lengths for bodies, taper ends and attach to butterflies with damp brush. Roll 3/16 in. diameter ball heads and attach. Let dry overnight.
Bake and cool cupcakes in petal cups. Pipe tip 1M swirl; sprinkle with colored sugars. Attach butterflies with dots of icing.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.