Flowery Tale Cake
This best-wishes bestseller has a lovely story to share with bookworms and gardeners alike. Add piped-icing details and star-shaped flowers to a Book Pan cake to compose a romantic tome.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Yellow Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Yellow Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Cellophane Tape
We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while cake cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 4 3/4 cups buttercream icing
• Tint 1/4 cup Leaf Green/Lemon Yellow combination
• Reserve 4 1/2 cups white
Use 79 oz. of white fondant:
• Mix 5 oz. with 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex (to be used to make Fantasy Flowers)
• Tint 2 oz. green/yellow combination
• Tint 36 oz. rose
• Reserve 36 oz. white
Cut two cake boards to 13 x 17 in.; tape together and wrap board with foil. Lightly coat board with Piping Gel to help fondant stick to foil. Roll out rose fondant 1/8 in. thick; position over board using rolling pin, draping fondant over edge. Trim excess fondant from edges under bottom of board. Set aside.
Ice top of cake lightly and sides thick with white buttercream icing. Use wide edge of decorating comb to comb cake sides to resemble book pages.
Roll out 36 oz. of white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cover cake top and trim excess fondant.
Position book cake on fondant-covered base board and secure with white icing.
Use tip 3 and white icing to pipe a mound on left side of cake as a base for flowers.
Use tip 3 and green/yellow combination icing to pipe outline stems at bottom of mound. Position flowers on mound.
Roll out green/yellow combination fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 6 leaves (3 of each size) using large and medium Cut-Outs. Insert leaves into icing mound.
Use tip 2 and green/yellow combination icing to pipe dots around edge of cake.
Use tip 4 and white icing to pipe bead top and bottom borders.
Use tip 2 and green/yellow combination icing to write message.