Flowerful Egg Cake
This egg-stra special cake will take center stage at your Easter celebration. Use the Decorated Egg Pan and Floral Collection Flower Making Set to create your very own egg-shaped cake.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Decorated Egg Pan Add to shopping list Decorated Egg Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Craft Foam
Prepare cake for Rolled Fondant by lightly icing with buttercream . Cover with 1 package of fondant.
From second package of fondant, tint one 2 in. ball rose, one yellow. Tint a 3 in. ball violet. Use forget-me-not cutter to make 45 yellow and 50 violet flowers. Use pansy cutter to make 12 violet flowers and apple blossom cutter to make 6 violet and 60 rose flowers.
Assemble six larger "Fantasy Flowers" for cake center, using 2 violet pansies and 1 violet apple blossom for each: Place individual flowers on thick foam and, using dog bone tool from confectionery set, cup and soften edges. Assemble flowers using tip 2 dots of icing - attaching two pansies together and then topping with apple blossom.
Using buttercream, add tip 2 dot centers to small flowers and tip 3 dot center to rose and fantasy flowers. Attach all flowers to cake with tip 2. Pipe tip 349 and tip 352 leaves.