Flower Horsepower Cake
Here's a real retro ride, perfect for today's birthday girls or baby boomers who want to take a spin into the past. The 3-D Cruiser pan creates a stand-up dessert that's easy and fun to decorate. Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 3-D Cruiser Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Cruiser Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
Prepare pound cake batter; pour into prepared 3D Cruiser pan.
Bake 1 hour 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
Cut cake board to fit cake; wrap with fanci-foil. Arrange cake on prepared cake board.
Spatula ice car windows and hub cap areas smooth with white buttercream icing.
Outline windows, doors and car body with tip 5 in light rose icing. Fill in car with tip 16 light rose stars.
Outline wheels with tip 12 black icing. Pipe tip 3 dark rose bead flowers on door and hubcaps.
Add tip 3 dot yellow flower center. Add tip 12 dark rose bumpers, fenders and running boards.
Make tip 12 rose bead flowers on car hood, roof and trunk; add tip 12 yellow dot flower centers.
Pipe tip 5 dot headlights and tail lights in yellow icing (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).