Floral Tones Cake
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 172.
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Spring Song Ornament Add to shopping list Spring Song Ornament
- Easy-Add Tall Tier Cake Stand Basic Set Add to shopping list Tall Tier Cake Stand Basic Set
- Easy-Add Glue-On Plate Legs Add to shopping list Glue-On Plate Legs
- Easy-Add Cake Corer Tube Add to shopping list Cake Corer Tube
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Waxed paper
- Craft glue
In advance, make the following wild roses using royal icing and flower nail: 476 small roses using tip 102 with tip 1 dot centers; 100 large roses using tip 104 with tip 1 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Glue plate legs on bottom of 16 in. plate.
Using buttercream icing, ice 2-layer 8, 10, 12 and 14 in. tiers smooth with spatula. Using Cake Corer Tube, prepare 10, 12, and 14 in. tiers for center column construction.
Cover sides of 10 and 14 in. tiers with flowers. On 12 in. tier, position flowers around top and bottom borders; divide side in half and position another row around center.
Decorate 8 in. tier on a foil-covered board. Position flowers on top border and around center of cake. Position the bottom border of flowers at reception.
At reception: Position 16 in. plate onto base bolt. Add 6 1/2 in. columns and tighten. Continue adding tiers with columns.
Add top plate, secure column with top cap nut. Position 8 in. tier and add flowers around bottom border.
Attach flowers to center column with dots of icing. Position ornament.**
*The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
**Note: Always place a separator plate on the cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your ornament to the plate with tacky craft tape.