Floral Rhapsody Cake
Pretty pastel apple blossoms made with royal icing adorn this distinctive design. Embellished with a simple fondant quilting technique, this cake is made even more attractive set atop the Graceful Tiers Cake Stand.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Your favorite cake recipe
Cake serves 62.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 101 Add to shopping list Tip: 101
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Flower Nail Add to shopping list Flower Nail
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Flower Former Set small and medium usedEasy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Graceful Tiers Cake Stand Add to shopping list Graceful Tiers Cake Stand
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make flowers. Prepare one recipe of royal icing; tint a small amount deep yellow. Divide remaining royal icing and tint half light yellow (we used Golden Yellow with a touch of Lemon Yellow) and half rose. Using Flower Nail and waxed paper squares, make apple blossoms: 10 yellow, 10 pink with Tip 103; 20 yellow, 20 pink with Tip 102; 20 yellow, 20 pink with Tip 101. Make extras to allow for breakage. Let dry in flower formers. Add Tip 1 deep yellow pull-out dot centers.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Remove plates from stand and position cakes on plates. Prepare for fondant covering. Roll out fondant to 1/8 in. thick using Roll & Cut Mat for proper sizing. Cover cakes with fondant. Use wavy edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser to score 45° diagonal quilting lines, 1 in. apart, over cake sides; repeat going in opposite direction to create diamonds. Use buttercream icing to pipe Tip 3 dots at corners; pipe Tip 4 bead bottom borders. Pipe Tip 12 mounds of icing on cake tops and sides where flowers will go. Arrange flowers on tops and sides. Use buttercream to pipe Tip 352 leaves. Position plates on stand.
*The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.