Floral Frost Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 94.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Stepsaving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Heart Nesting Cutter Set Add to shopping list Heart Nesting Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- 24- 22-gauge white cloth-covered florist wire (6 inches each)
- 21- 24-gauge white cloth covered wire (6 inches each)
- 18- 26-gauge white cloth-covered wire (6 inches each)
- white florist tape
- Craft block
- Bubble wrap
- Waxed paper
- Plastic wrap
At least 1 week in advance: Make gum paste roses and stephanotis, blossoms and leaves. Make 24 roses on 22-gauge wires using largest rose cutter and 18 leaves on 26-gauge wires using rose leaf cutter. Make 21 stephanotis on 24-gauge wires using calyx cutter. Also make 308 small blossoms and 196 medium blossoms using apple blossom and pansy cutters. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Also: Make draped hearts. Cover plates from 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand Set and outside of cake pans with waxed paper. Secure pans to corresponding plates with royal icing dots. Roll 3/8 in. thick fondant logs, long enough to wrap around bottom of each cake pan. Wrap logs in plastic wrap then secure in position with icing dots. Roll out gum paste 1/8 in. thick; cut 28 hearts using 2nd largest cutter from nesting set. Using dots of icing, attach hearts around prepared pans, with heart points hanging about 1 1/2 in. below plates. Position 11 hearts around 12 in. pan, 9 around 10 in. pan. Position 8 hearts around 8 in. pan, trimming 1 heart in back to fit. Using royal icing, decorate hearts with tip 2 scrolls. Attach 3 small and 5 medium blossoms to each heart with tip 4 dots. Let dry for several days.
Carefully remove hearts and store on large bubble wrap until reception. Reserve plastic-wrapped fondant logs for assembling cake.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Prepare and cover with rolled fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Position cakes on tier stand plates. Remove plastic wrap from fondant logs used for setting up draped hearts and attach at base of each cake with icing dots. Assemble 3 bouquets with florist tape using 8 roses, 7 stephanotis and 6 leaves for each. Insert into flower spikes filled with fondant. Insert in cakes.
At reception: Assemble cakes on stand. Attach draped hearts around 12 in. cake with dots of royal icing. With tip 4 dots, attach additional small blossoms in garland shape, 1 1/2 in. deep, starting 2 in. from top edge of cake. Attach a medium blossom below each garland point. Add a tip 2 dot above each small blossom in garland. Repeat with 10 in. then 8 in. cakes.
**The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more