Floral Finery Cake
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
Cake serves 128.
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat Add to shopping list Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- 15 1/2 x 15 1/2 in plywood or foamcore board (1/2 inch thick)
In advance: Prepare base board. Cover plywood or foamcore board with 48 oz. white fondant. Reserve remaining fondant.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Each pan will need to be baked twice, iced and stacked together to achieve the full pillow effect. Assemble each cake on a cake board cut to fit. Ice cake smooth and cover top layer with white fondant. Smooth with Fondant Smoother and trim at seam.
Place cake board on top of cake and carefully flip to position covered layer at bottom. Tint 72 oz. fondant ivory. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Imprint fondant with design following Imprint Mat instructions. Cover cake tops with imprinted ivory fondant. Brush with Pearl Dust.
Fill in imprint designs using white icing and tip 2. Prepare cakes for Stacked Construction. Pipe tip 6 bead border over seam.
Make 4 tassels for each tier. Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut a 4 x 2 1/2 in. wide rectangle. Cut 1/8 x 2 in. deep slits on bottom edge with knife. Roll up strip. Pinch and shape uncut top into a ball. Cut a 1/4 x 1 in. strip. Wrap around tassel under ball, attaching with fondant adhesive. Trim ends for a 2 1/2 in. long tassel. Attach to cake corners with adhesive.
At reception: Stack cakes.
*The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.