Flap, Flop and Fly! Mini Cakes
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Large yellow spice drops
- Orange fruit slices
- granulated sugar
- solid vegetable shortening
Each cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Egg Pan Add to shopping list Mini Egg Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 8 in. Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Spatula
- Paring Knife
- Waxed paper
Fill pan cavities halfway with batter; bake and cool cakes. Trim eggs to 3/4 in. high.
Attach cake halves together with melted candy; cut end flat to stand securely.
Place cakes on cooling grid over cookie sheet.
Add 1 teaspoon of solid vegetable shortening to melted yellow candy to achieve pouring consistency; add an additional teaspoon of shortening if needed.
Cover cakes with melted yellow candy. Refrigerate until firm.
Cover with a second coat of candy; refrigerate until firm. Using spatula, ice underside of eggs with melted candy.
Cut orange slices into foot shapes. Make beak using a piece of orange slice.
Roll out large yellow spice drops on waxed paper sprinkled with granulated sugar. Cut wings and hair.
Dip all candy pieces in granulated sugar. Attach to eggs with melted candy; let set.
Tint a portion of yellow candy black using candy color.
Using melted black candy in cut parchment bag, pipe outline eyes and eyelashes; refrigerate until firm.