First Birthday Fling Cake
This cake tells an amusing tale. Acrobatic bears from our Tumbling Bears Topper Set plunge downward through piped-icing clouds via rainbow plaque slides created with our patterns and Color Flow Icing.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Cornflower Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Cornflower Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 103.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Pink #1 Candle Add to shopping list Pink #1 Candle
- Easy-Add Tumbling Bears Topper Set Add to shopping list Tumbling Bears Topper Set
- Easy-Add 2005 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2005 Pattern Book
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make rainbow plaques using patterns and color flow icing.
Using tip 2, outline each section with stiff consistency color flow, then fill in with thinned color flow.
Let dry 48 hours. When dry, turn plaques over and reinforce by outlining and filling in entire plaque in one color.
Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry overnight.
Use Cornflower Blue icing color to tint the white rolled fondant. Prepare 1-layer 6, 10 and 14 in. rounds for stacked construction.
Prepare and cover cakes with rolled fondant. Cakes will not be centered when stacked, so dowel rods will need to be positioned so that the 6 in. cake side aligns with the left edge of the 10 in. round and the 10 cake side aligns at the right edge of the 14 in. round. Assemble tiers.
Pipe tip 3 message in buttercream icing. Insert lollipop sticks into cake sides in a descending pattern to support rainbow plaques.
Use 4 sticks in the 6 in. tier, 6 each in the 10 in. and 14 in. tiers.
Position rainbow plaques, and pipe a section of tip 10 ball clouds at bottom border of each tier, to secure edge of plaque.
Pipe a mound of tip 10 ball clouds on top tier, position candle. Position bears.