Fir Trader Cereal Treat
This stand-up snowman is selling a trio of cookie trees on a cereal treat base—it’s the perfect holiday centerpiece for your dessert table. For the colorful ornaments, just pipe dots of thinned Color Flow icing immediately after flowing in the tree.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Favorite crisped rice cereal treats
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Cooking Spray Add to shopping list Non-Stick Cooking Spray
Cake serves 12, each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add 18 pc. Holiday Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list 18 pc. Holiday Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Christmas Tree Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Christmas Tree Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add 4 Pc. Christmas Grippy™ Cutter Set Add to shopping list 4 Pc. Christmas Grippy™ Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
2-3 days in advance: Make and decorate cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Cut 1 snowman (cut off brim and sides of hat), 1 Comfort-Grip tree and 2 Grippy Cutter trees. Bake and cool cookies. Outline with tip 3 and full-strength icing; flow in with thinned icing. For trees, immediately add tip 2 dots of thinned icing for ornaments. Let dry. Attach Lollipop Sticks to backs of cookies using full-strength icing; leave 2 in. extended at bottom to insert into base. Let dry.
Also: Make 1 large and 2 small icing stars. Tape patterns to board and cover with waxed paper. Outline and fill in stars using tip 2 and full-strength icing. When dry, attach to tree tops with icing. And: Make hat. Tint a 1 in. ball of fondant black; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut out hat using pattern and let dry.
Prepare cereal treat and immediately stir in melted Candy Melts. Press firmly into sprayed pan. Unmold onto foil-wrapped Cake Circle; secure with melted candy. Let cool completely. Prepare and cover treat with 10 oz. blue rolled fondant.
Make snow drift and snowflake dots. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 13/4 x 18 in. strip of white fondant; use Cutter/Embosser to cut wavy topline 1 to 11/2 in. deep. Attach snowdrift around base using damp brush. Cut snowflake dots using narrow end of tips 7 and 12; attach using damp brush
Using full-strength icing, pipe tip 2 outline hat band, hat buckle, pull-out nose, dot eyes and tip 3 dot buttons. Attach hat to snowman using icing. Outline and pipe in tip 3 scarf; pat smooth with fingertip dipped in cornstarch. Insert cookies.
* Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for light green shown.
Combine Christmas Red with Red-Red for red shown.
Combine Royal Blue with Violet for blue fondant shown.