Finding the Perfect Fit Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Sparkle Gel Add to shopping list White Sparkle Gel
Cake serves 40.
- 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set (10 x 10 x 2 in. pan used)Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillow Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat Add to shopping list Floral Fantasy Fondant Imprint Mat
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make gum paste slipper. Roll out gum paste 1/8 in. thick. Use patterns to cut heart detail, front and back of slipper (make extras to allow for breakage). Let dry 3 days. Attach front of slipper to back using damp brush; let dry 24 hours. Use melted candy to attach 2 lollipop sticks to back, leaving excess extended at bottom to insert into cake; let set. Brush Sparkle Gel over shoe front and heart detail. Attach heart using melted candy; let set.
Also: Make fondant tassels. Roll a 1/4 in. diameter ball for each tassel base. Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut sixteen 1/16 x 6 in. strips for each tassel. Brush base with damp brush; attach 8 strips over top in one direction, then overlap 8 more strips. Gather strips under base. Cut a 1/4 x 1 in. fondant strip for each tassel. Wrap and attach under base to secure strips. Trim ends to make tassels 2 1/2 in. long. Let dry on waxed paper-covered board. Insert 3 in. lollipop sticks into back of tassels; secure with melted candy.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake.
Assemble cake layers on cut-to-fit cake boards. Ice cake smooth. Cover top layer with tinted fondant imprinted using Imprint Mat. Trim fondant at seam. Fill in imprint designs using white icing and tip 2. Place cake board on top of cake and carefully flip to position imprinted layer at bottom. Cover top layer with white fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Pipe tip 8 bead border over seam. Pipe tip 2 scrolls on top layer about 1 1/2 in. from seam.
At reception: Insert tassels into cake at corners. Position slipper on top, trimming sticks if needed.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more