Filled with Pride Cereal Treats
Group these candy-filled graduates as a so-sweet centerpiece before passing them out as party desserts or take-home favors. Use crisp rice cereal treats and sugar cones to form the figures, which are covered with Candy Melts.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Royal Blue Icing Color or others to match school colorsEasy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Favorite crisped rice cereal treats
- Easy-Add Graduation Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Graduation Icing Decorations
Sugar ice cream cones
assorted small candies
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Non-Stick 17.25 x 11.5 x 1 in. Jelly Roll/Cookie Add to shopping list Non-Stick 17.25 x 11.5 x 1 in. Jelly Roll/Cookie
- Easy-Add Mini Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Mini Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make candy base. With candy colors, tint portions of melted white candy red, blue or your school colors. Place medium round cutter from set on jelly roll pan and fill 3/8 in. high with candy. Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
For bodies, cut point off ice cream cones to make it 3 3/4 in. high. For heads, prepare cereal treats recipe and form 2 1/4 in. balls; make indentation for narrow end of cone. Using candy colors, tint portions of melted candy desired gown shade and orange for skin tone. Cover cones and heads with melted candy; let set and repeat.
Fill cone with assorted candies and attach base with melted candy; let set. Tint additional candy yellow and black. Pipe hair and facial features using melted candy in cut parchment bag; let set. Attach head to cone with melted candy. Using icing colors, tint 4 oz. fondant for each cap and gown.
For base of cap, press a 1 1/2 in. fondant ball into cornstarch-dusted mini muffin cavity; remove and trim to even edges. Indent center to fit head. For top of cap, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a 2 in. square. Let cap pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
For arms, shape 3 in. logs, tapering at one end. Attach tapered end to cone with melted candy; let set. Position icing decoration between arms; attach with candy. Pipe hands using melted candy. Attach top to base of cap with melted candy; let set. For tassel roll a 1/2 x 1/4 in. wide cone of yellow fondant; place on waxed paper and pipe lines of melted candy for fringe. Let set. Attach tassel and pipe button and cord on top of cap with melted candy; let set.