Fiesta Margarita! Cake
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 28.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Wonder Mold Pan Add to shopping list Mini Wonder Mold Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 199 Add to shopping list Tip: 199
- Easy-Add Tip: 48 Add to shopping list Tip: 48
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Margarita Candle Set Add to shopping list Margarita Candle Set
- 10 in. diameter mixing bowl
In advance, make sombrero brim: Mix 3/4 pk. of fondant with 2 teaspoons of Gum-Tex; tint light yellow and add ivory to achieve a straw color.
Roll out and cut an 8 in. circle; reserve excess fondant. Position circle inside cornstarch-dusted mixing bowl.
Immediately imprint fondant with tip 48, pressing close together in vertical and horizontal rows. Let dry.
Tint remaining 1/4 pk. fondant red; roll into comma shapes, about 1 1/4 in. long, for peppers. Reserve portion for hat band. Let dry.
Ice 2-layer round cake smooth; divide into 6ths.
Pipe tip 199 elongated shell cactus at each division point; add tip 2 pull out needles. Prepare and cover mini cake with reserved straw-color fondant; smooth.
Immediately imprint with tip 48 as for brim. Cut 15 in. long x 3/4 in. wide red fondant hatband; attach around mini cake with damp brush.
Position mini cake on brim; place on round cake. Pipe tip 4 bead bottom border. Position peppers and pipe tip 2 vines and stems; add tip 352 leaves. Position candles.