Festive Flag Wavers Cake
Kid-shaped cookies lead the parade on this rousing Star Pan cake! Each star-shaped cookie has a colorful outfit and a Stars and Stripes Party Pick flag to wave.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Patriotic Mix Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Patriotic Mix Sprinkle Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Star Pan Add to shopping list Star Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Stars and Stripes Party Picks Add to shopping list Stars and Stripes Party Picks
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Waxed paper
Two days in advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Cut 5 bodies using largest star cutter and 5 heads using smallest round cutter from 101 Cutter Set. Bake and cool cookies.
Decorate cookies with royal icing. Spatula ice all in light copper. Place on waxed paper to decorate.
For heads, use tip 3 to pipe dot eyes, dot nose and outline mouth. Pipe hair using swirls, lines and pull-out dots; add tip 3 dot barrettes and pull-out bow.
For bodies, use tip 16 to pipe green star shirt; outline and fill in other shirts and pants (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Add tip 3 dot, line and zigzag trims. Pipe tip 12 bead shoes. Pipe tip 5 dot hands and position flag picks; pipe tip 3 pull-out fingers. Let dry overnight.
Attach heads to bodies with royal icing. Let dry overnight.
Bake and cool 1-layer star cake. Ice smooth. Pipe tip 21 star bottom border.
Use icing dots to attach cookies, letting heads extend slightly beyond cake points. Print tip 3 message; add sprinkles.