Feathered Friend Cake
This Thanksgiving, present Tom Turkey in a new way—atop a Crown Pan cake. Use the largest Leaf Cut-Out to form fondant feathers, fashion the torso from cookies, and then watch guests gobble up your flavorful bird.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 12; cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Crown Pan Add to shopping list Crown Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Head and Body Patterns
- Craft knife
In advance: Make feathers. Tint 6 oz. fondant yellow and 8 oz. orange.
Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using largest leaf Cut-Out™, cut 17 yellow and 22 orange feathers; reverse cutter for half of each color.
Let dry on cake board dusted with cornstarch. Using red FoodWriter™, draw vein lines on feathers.
Ice crown cake smooth; build up icing at top to level. Prepare cookie dough; roll out and cut body and head using pattern and knife. Bake and cool.
Attach an outer row of orange feathers, then a row of yellow feathers. Position cookie.
Pipe tip 3 dot eys and pupils (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Pipe in tip 3 beak and wattle (pat smooth). Cover cookie with tip 16 stars.
Pipe in tip 5 feet and pat smooth; indent with edge of spatula for toes. Pipe tip 16 pull-out star wings.
*Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.