Fantasy Land Gingerbread House
A website exclusive we've given a holiday tradition a fresh new look. The Fantasy Land Gingerbread House is built with our Pre-Baked Gingerbread House Kit, but the panels and base are covered with rolled fondant to capture a great wintry feeling.
- Easy-Add Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit Add to shopping list Pre-baked Gingerbread House Kit
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add White Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list White Cake Sparkles™
14 pieces Green Rock Candy
4 Pink Mini Jawbreakers
44 Pastel Gumballs
Green Candy Cane
1 gingerbread house.
Tape three cake boards together for sturdy base. Assemble house according to package directions.
Mark on cake board where house will be positioned.
To make snow banks, position small mounds of fondant around where house will go.
Cover base with approximately 1 pk. white fondant; tuck in around edges. Tint 3/4 pk. of fondant pink.
Cover sides of house with pink fondant; score with knife to resemble bricks Cut out a 1 1/4 in. square of pink fondant, 3/4 in. wide, for chimney; score with knife and set aside. Place mounds of white fondant on roof and cover with 1 pk. fondant to resemble drifted snow.
Attach chimney with icing. Divide remainder of fondant in half (reserve a small amount of white); tint 1/2 lemon yellow/golden yellow combination and 1/2 half marbleized green.
To marbleize fondant, barely mix in color and roll out.
Cut and attach yellow fondant windows using a brush and water; green fondant door and shutters with Tip 5 (reserve remainder of marbleized fondant).
Outline window panes with Tip 3; edge windows and doors with Tip 3 beads. Cut a 1 1/2 in. x 1/2 in. piece of white fondant for window box.
Tint reserved marbleized fondant solid green. Cut and attach leaves with brush and water; attach mini jawbreaker holly berries. Attach rock candy bushes; pipe Tip 5 snow.
Insert candy cane and attach gumballs for fence with icing.
Moisten roof and base lightly with decorator brush and water; sprinkle with Cake Sparkles.