Fangs for the Halloween Cake
Who will be biting whom this Halloween?!! Create this luscious vampire-inspired cake using our 4-Pc. Oval Pan Set and White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 15.
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Guide Rings Add to shopping list Rolling Pin Guide Rings
- Craft knife
- 4-pc. Oval Pan Set (13.5 x 9.8 in. pan used)Easy-Add 4-pc. Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list 4-pc. Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
One week in advance: Make lips. Tint 1 1/2 lbs. fondant red. Mix with 2 teaspoons of Gum-Tex. Roll out 3/16 in. thick. Use pattern and knife to cut out lips. Let dry.
Bake and cool 1-layer cake. Place on Fanci-Foil wrapped cake board cut to fit. Spatula ice sides of cake smooth with white buttercream. Spatula ice top of cake smooth with chocolate buttercream tinted black.
Tint 6 oz. fondant pink and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut out tongue using pattern. Place on cake.
Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut teeth and fangs using pattern. Place on cake. Carefully place lips on cake, laying fangs over bottom lip. Upper and lower lips will hang over cake.
Use tip 4 and white buttercream to pipe bead bottom border. Use tip 4 and chocolate buttercream tinted black to pipe dot bite marks on side of cake. Pat slightly flat with finger dipped in cornstarch.
Tint piping gel red. Using cut disposable decorating bag, pipe “blood” dripping from bite marks, on teeth and bottom lip.
*Combine Pink and Brown for pink tongue shown.