Fanciful Lamb Cake and Easter Egg Cookies
A beautiful addition for your Easter dinner table, this lamb cake is covered in buttercream icing rosettes and surrounded by colorful Easter egg cookies. The combination of cake and cookies makes a great presentation when extra servings are desired.
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
Favorite cake recipe
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easter 18 Pc. Cutter Collection (eggs used)Easy-Add Easter 18 Pc. Cutter Collection Add to shopping list Easter 18 Pc. Cutter Collection
- Easter 12 Pc. Mini Metal Cutter Collection (eggs used)Easy-Add Easter 12 Pc. Mini Metal Cutter Collection Add to shopping list Easter 12 Pc. Mini Metal Cutter Collection
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
One day in advance, prepare and roll out cookie dough. Cut out an assortment of cookies using oval Cut-Out, egg cutter and mini egg cutter. Bake and cool.
Outline cookies using tip 2 and green, rose, violet, blue and yellow royal icings. Flow in with thinned royal icings in matching colors. Let dry 6-8 hours or overnight. Pipe lines, zigzags, and dots using tips 2 and 3 and royal icing in matching colors. Let dry.
Bake and cool lamb cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Position on a foil-wrapped cake board.
Ice face smooth using white buttercream icing. Ice inside ears smooth using rose buttercream icing.
Pipe rosettes to cover lamb cake using tip 18 and white buttercream icing.
Outline facial features using tip 2 and brown buttercream icing.
Arrange cookies around lamb cake.