Family Album Cake
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1s Add to shopping list Tip: 1s
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 2B Add to shopping list Tip: 2B
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
Using photograph pattern and color flow icing, outline 8 panels with tip 4. Let dry. Have parchment bags filled with leaf green, sky blue, white and brown color flow icings ready to use. Color flow sets up quickly; finish decorating each photograph background before starting next one.
Start by piping a small section of grass into outline. Immediately add sky and trees. Pipe clouds and background elements (tip 1s fences, mountains, roads etc.) immediately after. Let dry completely.
Using royal icing and tip 2, pipe block picture holders on each corner using zigzag motion; pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
On candy discs, pipe tip 2 hair and tip 1s facial features. Secure in position on panels with dots of royal icing and add tip 2 strings for bodies and tip 1s names. Set aside to dry.
Ice cake smooth, comb sides with decorating comb to resemble pages. Add tip 2B (brown) flat edging around base. Print tip 4 message on cake top. Trim outside edge of flat border with tip 2 bead border. Add tip 6 beads along cake edge on top of flat border. Edge top of cake with tip 4 bead border.
Position color flow*.
Note: Buttercream will break down color flow. Position immediately before serving; or on a piece of plastic wrap cut to fit, on sugar cubes, or mini marshmallows.