Fairy Tale Beginning Cake
A castle scene on a Book Pan cake depicts the start of a young princess’ journey. Use our patterns, fondant and piped icing to build the kid-friendly kingdom.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 47 Add to shopping list Tip: 47
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Humpty Dumpty Topper Add to shopping list Humpty Dumpty Topper
- Easy-Add Baby-themed topper of your choice Add to shopping list Baby-themed topper of your choice
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Fine artist's brush
Prepare and cover top of cake with 4/5 of 1 pk. of rolled fondant. Reserve a small ball of white fondant. Ice cake sides and comb with Decorating Comb. Let set.
Combine remaining fondant with 1 pk. fondant. Divide in thirds and tint 1/3 light green, 1/3 dark green and 1/3 yellow. Using patterns, cut out castle, tree, landscape and edge trim pieces. Position edge trim pieces on cake. Curl corner of page with a dowel rod; attach a piece of reserved white fondant on rolled top edge. Paint outer edges with brown icing color to achieve "antique" look.
Position remaining pattern pieces on cake. Trace scroll pattern on edge trim pieces; pipe scrolls with tip 3. Pipe tip 47 smooth side up bricks. Pipe tip 4 bead flowers with tip 3 dot centers. Outline castle and pipe in windows and door with tip 3. Fill in turrets with tip 14 stars. Pipe tip 352 flags.
Pipe tip 21 zig zag bottom border; add tip 12 bead border on top of zigzag. Pipe tip 8 bead top border. Pipe tip 3 white bead border to trim page edges. Print tip 2 message. Position topper.
Note: Orange, Red-Red and Brown Icing Colors were mixed to achieve brick shade. Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow were mixed to achieve yellow shade.