Fabric-Inspired Fondant Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Pastel Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Guide Rings Add to shopping list Rolling Pin Guide Rings
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Large sharp knife
- Easy-Add Fabric Fondant and Gum Paste Mold Add to shopping list Fabric Fondant and Gum Paste Mold
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Prepare cakes for stacked construction. Prepare for covering with rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover both layers with white fondant. Smooth with Fondant Smoother. Cut off excess with knife.
Mix moss green icing color with pastel green fondant. For dark pink fondant mix white fondant with neon pink fondant. Dust silicone mold with cornstarch to prevent sticking. Press fondant into molds and roll over with small fondant roller. Use sharp knife greased with shortening to cut off excess fondant and remove from mold. Brush back of fondant lightly with piping gel and attach to cake.
For 12 in. cake, mold 10 1/2 pieces (74 in.) medium ribbon strips of dark pink fondant for top and bottom border. In center of cake make 5 1/2 pieces (37 in.) of large green fondant ribbon. In center of green ribbon add 5 1/2 pieces (27 in.) of brown fondant small ribbon. Make 10 1/2 pieces (74 in.) of light pink fondant rick-rack. Make one brown fondant bow; attach in center of ribbon with piping gel.
For 8 in. cake, mold 7 1/2 pieces (30 in.) of green fondant small ribbon for top and bottom border. Make assorted colors of buttons. 10 large button flowers, 6 small button flowers, 10 large buttons and 8 small buttons; attach with piping gel.