Everything's Coming Up Daisies Cake
Serve this cottage- charming confection at garden weddings and bridal showers. Use the Floral Collection Flower Making Set to create daisy blooms; paint foliage on cake with thinned Green Icing Color.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Buttercup Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Buttercup Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 44.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- #2 artist brush
- Florist Wire
- Florist tape
- Cotton Balls
- Craft knife
- 1 yard 1/8 in. wide green ribbon
- Foam square
At least 3 days in advance make butterfly and 120 daisies. To make daisies: Make 1 recipe of gum paste following package instructions. Roll out gum paste and cut daisies using pansy cutter from Flower Making Set (make extras to allow for breakage). Position flowers on foam square; use large end of ball tool dipped in cornstarch to thin and slightly curl up ends of flowers with a circular motion. Let dry on flower formers dusted with cornstarch. When dry, pipe tip 4 dot centers. Set aside.
To make butterfly: Combine orange gum paste with a small amount of yellow. Use pattern to cut out butterfly wings. Use the medium and smallest size rose petal cutters and white gum paste to cut out inside designs for butterfly's wings. Use end of tip 9 and yellow gum paste to punch out 4 dots. Attach designs and dots with water. Cut 4 in. piece of florist wire and cover with florist tape. Bend 1/2 in. at end of wire at a right angle; pipe tip 4 line of royal icing for body; attach wings and prop up with cotton balls to dry. Use royal icing to attach flowers to 7 wires, also bent at right angle. Make 2 ribbon loop flowers: Make four 2 in. loops on 1 piece of ribbon. Tie with florist wire; wrap with florist tape. Set aside.
Use flower stem and leaf pattern to practice "painting" design on paper, with artist brush and green icing color thinned with a small amount of water. Prepare 2-layer cakes for rolled fondant and stacked construction. Use flower stem and leaf pattern to mark on cake as a painting guide. Paint leaves and stems on cake with artist brush. Attach flowers to cake with dots of icing.
Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders. Position flowers, butterfly and ribbon loop flowers in flower spike and insert into cake.
Note: A small amount of Buttercup Yellow was added to Lemon Yellow to achieve shade used for cake.