Every Year's A Gift Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 24.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Heart Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Heavy gauge florist wire
- Waxed paper
A week ahead, knead 2 pks. fondant together, divide in 4ths and color green, violet, rose and yellow. Cut 16 bow loops 9 in. x 1 1/2 in. wide. Brush a small amount of water on the end, fold the length in half to form a loop.
Pinch ends together to secure. Cut 96 dots using the small opening top tip 2A. Attach 6 dots to each loop with water. Set loops on sides to dry. Cut out gift tag and let dry.
Prepare 2-layer cake by icing lightly in buttercream icing. Knead 2 pks. fondant together, roll 1/8 in. thick and cover cake in fondant. Smooth with Easy-Glide Fondant Smoothers.
Cut four 9 x 1 1/2 in. ribbons, 1 of each color, and attach to cake with damp brush. Cut 20 dots using the small opening to tip 2A. Attach 5 dots to each ribbon with a damp brush.
Cut 20 dots using the small opening to tip 2A. Attach 5 dots to each ribbon with a damp brush. Combine the leftover fondant with 1 pk. of fondant, knead together, roll out and cut approximately 50 hearts in each size using the 2 smallest cutters.
Attach small hearts on top of large hearts with dots of water and randomly attach to cake with a damp brush. Roll approximately 60 marble size balls out of fondant and attach to bottom border.
Make 5 hearts on wires: Cut 9 in. wire lengths. Stack small and large hearts and secure with water. Attach wire to back of heart with small piece of fondant. Let dry.
Position flower spike in center of cake. Twist ends of heart wires together, and place in spike. Arrange bow loops on cake top, securing wit dots of buttercream icing.
Write tip 1 message on gift tag in buttercream icing; position on cake top.