Every Body's Welcome! Cake
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Burgundy Icing Color Add to shopping list Burgundy Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- non-toxic chalk in black, gray and white
- thin pretzel stick
- 35 candy-coated oval mints
Cake serves 50; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1s Add to shopping list Tip: 1s
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 15 Add to shopping list Tip: 15
- Easy-Add Tip: 44 Add to shopping list Tip: 44
- Any large tip with a 1 in. bottom opening (such as 2B)
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Spooky Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Spooky Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Boy Perimeter Cutter Add to shopping list Boy Perimeter Cutter
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Confectionery Tool Set Add to shopping list Confectionery Tool Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Triple-thick 18 in. cardboard circles or foamcore for base
- Sharp Knife
- Waxed paper
- Tea Strainer
- Cellophane Tape
- Plastic ruler
- Plastic wrap
Begin 4 days in advance: Make 5 color flow windows using patterns. Let windows dry 48 hours.
When dry, draw diagonal windowpanes, 1 in. apart, with black FoodWriter, using ruler to guide. In gray royal icing, pipe a tip 8 outline on frame, inside original tip 3 frame outline. Pipe another tip 3 outline inside tip 8 outline; let dry overnight. Attach a lollipop stick to the back of windows 1 to 4 with royal icing; leave 2 in. extending at bottom. For window 5 (bottom window), use pattern to cut 2 supports from cardboard; attach to back of window with royal icing; let dry.
At least one day in advance: Make 7 candelabra using 6 oz. of medium gray-tinted fondant and melted candy tinted gray using black candy color. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using any tip with a 1 in. diameter bottom, cut 10 candle platform circles; set aside. For candle holders, roll 35 logs, 3/8 in. long x 1/4 in. diameter. For candle bases, roll 42 fondant balls, 1/4 in. diameter. Attach balls to platform with melted candy tinted gray using black candy color; stack 2 balls for the center candle and position 1 each for 4 outer candles; let set. Attach holders to balls with melted candy; let set. For candles, attach candy-coated oval mints to tops of candle holders with melted candy and let dry overnight. For center pillar, cut 7 lollipop sticks to 3 in. and cover 1 1/4 in. at top with gray fondant; leave remainder uncovered. Attach stick to bottom of candle platform with melted candy. Let set on sides. In royal icing, pipe tip 15 pull-out star flames on mints.
One day in advance: Make cookies. Roll out dough. Using patterns, cut cape wings and 8 cookie supports. Also cut 3 boy cookies and 3 ghosts. Before baking, turn 1 ghost over for Witch. Bake and cool all cookies. Place cookies on waxed paper-covered cake boards and decorate with royal icing. For all piped-in areas, pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. For wings, spatula ice smooth, then outline with tip 6. For all character cookies except Mummy, pipe tip 3 faces, hands and clothes. Add tip 2 facial features. For witch and Mrs. Frankenstein, spatula ice dresses smooth. Pipe witch hat with tip 6. Add tip 44 hatband and waistband. Position pretzel for broom; add tip 3 pull-out bristles and tip 44 band. Pipe Mrs. Frankenstein's hair with tip 3 zigzags, extending onto waxed paper; overpipe twice. For Mummy, pipe tip 44 band wrappings. Let all cookies dry overnight. Attach cookie sticks to backs of Witch and Dracula with melted candy; let dry. Attach 2 cookie supports to back of each remaining cookie with melted candy. Let set.
Make "wood" floor base. Tint 48 oz. fondant brown with a small amount of black added. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cover 18 in. cardboard or foamcore circle with foil; brush with piping gel and cover with fondant. Using straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser and ruler, score horizontal lines for wooden planks, 5/8 in. apart from end to end, on base. Divide planks every 4 1/2 to 5 in. with knife. Use small opening of tip 1s to imprint 3 nail holes in each plank. Use narrow end of veining tool from confectionery set to score wood grain lines. Randomly cut through corner of several boards and curl up slightly to resemble warped wood. Set aside.
Prepare four 1-layer cakes for rolled fondant. Prepare cakes for stacked construction and position on same-size cake boards. Tint 84 oz. of fondant gray. Roll out fondant 1/4 in. thick and individually cover each cake. Stack cakes together so that backs are flush.
Mark staircase area.
Cover cakes with plastic wrap to keep fondant soft as you carve stones on other tiers. Lightly carve stones with small end of veining tool. Press smallest ball tool between stones for grout lines. Blend stones from one layer to the next. Position all cakes on floor base.
Make stairs using remaining gray and carpet using 24 oz. of fondant tinted red. Roll a 1/2 in. diameter gray fondant ball for all candelabra. Attach a ball to alternating stairs with damp brush. Insert candelabra sticks through balls and into cake.
Grate colored chalks separately onto waxed paper with tea strainer. Lightly brush on stones; brush dark shades between grout lines. Insert windows along side of stairs. Position bottom window on floor base. Insert Dracula and witch cookies in cake and position remaining cookies on floor base.