Evergreen Treats Cookies
Wilton cutters and jumbo sprinkles make it easy to decorate holiday cookies. You can trim your trees as shown or let your imagination guide you!
2 - 3 drops Peppermint Candy Flavoring or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extractEasy-Add Peppermint Candy Flavoring Add to shopping list Peppermint Candy Flavoring
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Candy Cane Sprinkles Add to shopping list Candy Cane Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugars Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugars
- Easy-Add Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
About 3 dozen cookies, each cookie serves 1.
Prepare Roll-Out Cookie recipe following recipe instructions, adding peppermint candy flavor.* Roll out dough 1/8 in. thick; cut tree shapes and arrange on cookie sheet. Bake 7-8 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute; remove to cooling grid and cool completely.
Prepare icings. Tint portions of each icing green, reserving some white.
With royal icing, with tip 3, outline tree with green; flow in with thinned icing. Let dry. For trees with stars, fill in star with white icing; add yellow colored sugars and let dry. Add white icing garland using tip 3 outline, swirl or zigzag; arrange candy cane sprinkles.
With green buttercream icing, spatula ice cookies smooth or cover cookies with tip 3 zigzag "tree boughs." For trees with stars, ice star with white icing; add yellow sugars, pressing lightly into the icing. If desired, add white icing garlands to trees. Arrange candy cane sprinkles and jumbo nonpareils.
* Variation: tint cookie dough green with Leaf Green Icing Color. Cut cookies as above. Decorate as desired with white icing, sprinkles and sugars.