Evergreen Everest Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Copper Christmas Tree Cutter Add to shopping list Copper Christmas Tree Cutter
- Easy-Add Christmas Trees Nesting Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Christmas Trees Nesting Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Nesting Star Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Star Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add 14 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 14 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Craft knife
At least 1 to 2 days in advance: Make fondant trees and star, using 24 oz. of white fondant. Roll fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using copper tree cutter, cut 3 trees for 6 in. cake top; with knife, cut 2 trees vertically in half. Using two smallest metal tree cutters, cut 12 of each size tree (24 total); cut trees vertically in half. Cut 1 star with smallest cutter from set. Position all pieces on cornstarch-dusted surface to dry. When dry, using royal icing, pipe tip 1 outline branches on trees and rays on star.
Roll 24 oz. of white fondant into a 14 in. circle. Using craft knife, cut wavy design around edge and position on cake base.
Tint 36 oz. fondant blue, 24 oz. green, 12 oz. violet; reserve remaining white fondant for additional trees. Prepare 2-layer cakes for stacked construction. Prepare and cover cakes with fondant; smooth. Position cakes on base. Divide 6 in. cake into 6ths, 8 in. cake into 8ths and 10 in. cake into 10ths. Roll white fondant 1/8 in. thick and use two smallest metal tree cutters to cut another set of 12 of each size tree (24 total), one at a time. Use Piping Gel to alternately attach larger and smaller trees to cake sides at division points. Pipe tip 1 branches with royal icing. (Note: There will be a space between trees where balls will be piped.) With tip 1 and royal icing, attach dried fondant tree halves to corresponding-size trees on cake sides, positioning in a "wing" fashion. Repeat process to attach tree halves for 6 in. cake top to whole cake top tree. Attach tree and star with royal icing. Pipe tip 1 snowflakes and dots on cake sides and tip 5 balls between trees with royal icing.