Etched On Ivory Cake
Adorned with the Elegance Figurine, this cake will wow your wedding guests. Elegant scrollwork is easily created using the Decorator Favorites® Pattern Press Set.
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
Cake serves 141.
- Oval Pan Set (7 3/4 x 5 5/8 in., 10 3/4 x 7 7/8 in., 13 1/2 x 9 7/8 in. and 16 1/2 x 12 3/8 in. needed)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Elegance Figurine Add to shopping list Elegance Figurine
- Easy-Add Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set Add to shopping list Decorator Favorites Pattern Press Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Triple-thick sturdy cardboard or 1/2 in. thick foamcore for base
- Waxed paper
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth in white. For each cake, cut a 4 in. high piece of waxed paper long enough to wrap around cake.
Fold paper in half horizontally; draw a diagonal line from upper corner to opposite lower corner. Cut along line.
Attach diagonal pattern to each cake to block off upper portion. Ice lower portion smooth in ivory. Carefully remove waxed paper.
Prepare cakes for stacked construction; assemble cakes on a triple-thick cake board or foamcore base, wrapped in foil.
Imprint along edge of contrasting colors with small C-scroll from press set. Outline imprint with tip 14. Pipe tip 2 freehand scrolls and dots around each C-scroll.
Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders. Position ornament.
*Note: Combine Ivory with Golden Yellow for ivory shown.
**Note: The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.
†Note: Always place a separator plate or cake board cut to fit, on the cake before you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake.
For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.