Essence of Elegance Cake
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- confectioners' sugar
- solid vegetable shortening
Cake serves 176.
- Easy-Add 7 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 7 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Puffed Heart Pan Add to shopping list Puffed Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add 7 in. Grecian Spiked Pillars Add to shopping list 7 in. Grecian Spiked Pillars
- Easy-Add 9 in. Grecian Spiked Pillars Add to shopping list 9 in. Grecian Spiked Pillars
- Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates (9 inch and 12 inch plated needed)Easy-Add Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates Add to shopping list Decorator Preferred® Smooth-Edge Separator Plates
- Easy-Add Pearl Stamens Add to shopping list Pearl Stamens
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Cake Circles (five 14 inch and two 16 inch needed)Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Metal Circle Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Metal Circle Cookie Cutter
- Pearl Sprays
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Pizza cutter
- Sharp Knife
- 12 x 2 in. Styrofoam circle
- 5 x 2 in. Stryofoam rectangles
In advance, make 35 large and 19 small rolled ribbon roses with stamensand 3 bows using a mixture of 2 packages Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant and 2 cans of prepared Gum Paste Mix. Trim small roses to 3/4 in. high. Set aside. (NOTE: DO NOT EAT FLOWERS WITH STAMENS).
Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cakes with fondant and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoothers. Place 7 and 10-inch cakes directly on separator plates; place 14 in. cake on double cake board covered with fondant and puffed hearts on single cake boards covered with fondant.
Trace vine patterns on cakes with toothpick. Thin 1/2 box of fondant with water to piping consistency. Let stand for several hours until it reaches a smoother consistency. On 7 and 10 in. cakes, pipe vines using thinned fondant and tip 2. On puffed heart cakes, pipe vines using thinned fondant and tip 6. Make fondant swags for 14 in. cake: For bottom swag, cut a 5 x 6 in. piece of fondant; gather at each end and attach to cake at bottom border with brush dipped in water, positioning top end 2 in. from bottom edge of cake.
For center swag, cut a 5 x 5 in. piece, gather and attach, ending 3 in. from bottom edge. For top piece, cut a 6 x 7 in. piece, gather and attach, overlapping top edge of cake. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold swags in place until completely dry. Remove toothpicks when dry. Mark vine design below swag and pipe using tip 2 and thinned fondant. Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders on all cakes using thinned fondant. Attach flowers to cakes with thinned fondant.
Make 32 leaves: Roll out fondant/gum paste mixture and cut circle with cookie cutter. Fold in half and again in half, pinch unfinished edge (bottom of leaf). Position leaves around flowers. Tuck 3 pearl sprays beneath roses on hearts. Attach bows on cakes with thinned fondant. At reception, assemble cakes, positioning 14 in. cake on 12 x 2 in. Styrofoam circle, and heart cakes angled on Styrofoam rectangles.
Note: The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.