Engineering a Great Birthday! Cake
Take a one-of-a-kind ride. Engineer Mickey—a candy plaque formed in our Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Pan—drives a train engine created from cakes, cookies and piped icing.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red (no-taste) Icing Color Add to shopping list Red (no-taste) Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Black Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Black Candy Melts® Candy
Primary Candy Colors Set (orange, red)Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cakes serve 63; each cupcake and cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Pan Add to shopping list Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Pan
- Easy-Add Classic Wonder Mold Add to shopping list Classic Wonder Mold
- Easy-Add 12 x 18 x 2 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 18 x 2 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Jumbo Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Jumbo Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add White jumbo baking cups Add to shopping list White jumbo baking cups
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Wooden Dowel Rods (four 2 in. lengths)Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- (2) 24 x 36 in. foamcore boards (1/4 in. thick)
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make Mickey candy plaque. Tint 14 oz. Dark Cocoa Candy Melts black. Tint 21 oz. Mickey face color using orange candy color. Tint 3 oz. red. Reserve 4 oz. white. Pipe details into pan using melted candy in cut parchment bags. Pipe tongue; chill until firm. Pipe pupils, nose and mouth; chill. Pipe whites of eyes; chill. Fill face area; tap to settle, chill until firm. Fill with remaining black candy. Tap to settle; chill until firm. Unmold. Position on cut-to-fit, foil-wrapped Cake Board.
Also in advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Use pattern to cut smoke. Use Cake Circles as a guide to cut one 8 in. and two 6 in. circles for wheels. Use medium Cut-Out to cut 11 rounds for axles and lug nuts. Cut 2 strips, 1 x 13 in., for roof trim. Cut 1/2 x 8 in. strip for connecting rod.
Bake and cool cookies. Ice cookies by pouring on color flow icing. For large wheel, use largest Cut-Out to mark center circle; outline with tip 3, fill in and let set before covering outer area. Cover wheels, axles, lug nuts and 8 in. connecting rod with thinned icing. Cover cloud with full-strength icing. Let all dry overnight on waxed paper-covered boards. Use full-strength icing and tip 6 to pipe smoke outline and message. Let dry.
Finally in advance: Prepare double-layer base board. Use cake pans as a guide. Sheet cake is positioned vertically for cab; square cake becomes front of engine. Wheels extend 8 in. beyond bottom; cloud extends 6 in. above roof; cowcatcher extends 5 in. in front. Cut 2 foamcore boards to fit, tape together and wrap with foil.
Bake and cool Wonder Mold cake (use firm textured batter, such as pound cake), 1-layer square and sheet cakes, and 13 cupcakes.
Position and decorate cakes. Position square and sheet cakes on prepared board. Cut Wonder Mold cake in half vertically; position 1 piece for smoke stack. Cut other piece in half and trim bottom for 5 in. high section; attach for cowcatcher. Remove baking cup and trim 1 cupcake to 1 1/2 in. high for flat back; attach for light. Use toothpick to mark 9 1/2 in. square window (begin 2 in. from top edge). Ice smooth window area and top of smoke stack. On 10 in. square, use toothpicks to mark 2 x 7 1/2 in. vertical blue stripe (2 1/2 in. from front edge), 2 x 6 in. horizontal dark green stripe, 1/2 in. wide stripes on cowcatcher. Outline window with tip 5.
Cover cakes with tip 18 stars; overpipe engine stripes for dimension. Position roof trim cookie; cover with tip 18 stars. Pipe tip 18 zigzags on edge of cowcatcher and smoke stack. Spatula ice cupcake supports. Position 5 under smoke, 3 under large wheel, 2 for each small wheel. Position smoke and wheel cookies. Attach connecting rod, axles and lug nuts with full-strength color flow. Insert dowel rods to support candy plaque. Position candy plaque. Pipe tip 12 shirt.
* Combine Golden Yellow with Lemon Yellow for yellow cab shown.
* Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shades shown.
* Combine Royal Blue with a little Black for blue shades shown.