Engaging Silhouettes Cake
The traditional proposal takes a comic turn as the future bride admires her new ring. Fondant creates the smooth backdrop for these gum paste-crafted figures.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 27.
- Easy-Add 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 11 x 15 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Craft knife
Two days in advance: Make couple. Tint gum paste black and roll out 1/16 in. thick. Position pattern and cut with knife. Cut an extra couple to allow for breakage; let dry on cake board dusted with cornstarch.
Also: Tint 30 oz. fondant black. Cover two cake boards (13 x 17 in.) with fondant.
Tint 60 oz. fondant bright pink, 12 oz. light pink. Prepare 1-layer cake for rolled fondant; cover with bright pink and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out light pink 1/8 in. thick. Cut an 11 x 7 in. rectangle and position on cake. Position couple.
Pipe tip 6 bead bottom border. With tip 2, print message, and pipe sparkle lines around ring. Pipe in diamond with white Sparkle Gel.
* Combine Rose with Orange for bright and light pink shown.