Enchanted Carousel Cake
- Easy-Add Glucose Add to shopping list Glucose
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Edible Accents Add to shopping list Edible Accents
Firm cake mix
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
Cake serves 32.
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Braque Gum Paste Mold
- Easy-Add Decorating Triangle Add to shopping list Decorating Triangle
- Cake Side Formers
Using pony pattern, figure pipe eight tip 2, 10, and 16 royal icing ponies. Let dry on formers. Make gum paste and roll into 1/2 inch thick cylinders. Shape into mold following instructions in set. Unmold and trim and sprinkle with gold edible glitter. Dry on formers.
Ice 2-layer cake smooth. With decorating triangle, mark wavy effect on cake sides. With toothpick, dot mark cake into 10 sections, ever 3 inches and 1 inch from the top edge around sides. Pipe tip 10 vertical poles over marks. Pipe tip 21 zigzag bands over the cake top and sides. Edge cake base with tip 21 rosettes border trimmed with tip 16 stars.
Push candy rod into cake. Taper ends of 10 licorice sticks to points. Push uncut ends into edge of cake top, angling towards candy rod. Anchor with royal icing. Attach jelly rings. Attach arches and ponies to cake sides with royal icing.