Elmo's Bursting to Celebrate Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serve 103.
- Easy-Add Elmo pan Add to shopping list Elmo pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make fondant paper bursts, hands and crayon.
For paper bursts: Add 3/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 8 oz. fondant; tint Lemon Yellow. Roll out 1/8 in. thick; using pattern, cut 24 bursts. Let dry on large flower formers dusted with cornstarch.
For crayon: Add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 2 oz. fondant; tint Lemon Yellow/Golden Yellow combination. Roll a 3/4 in. diameter log and form top end into cone shape. With edge of knife, score top of log 3/4 in. from tip. Tint 1 oz. of fondant black, roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut 2 strips 1/16 x 2 1/2 in. long; wrap around scored area of crayon and attach with damp brush.
For hands: Add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 12 oz. fondant and tint Red-Red/Christmas Red combination. Divide in half; roll each half into a ball. Using lollipop stick, indent to form three fingers on each; shape and smooth. For left hand, cut slit in back with knife and separate slightly to fit crayon. Let all pieces dry overnight.
Also: Make Elmo candy plaque.
Draw scribbles on each cake with FoodWriter markers. For letters, tint 1 1/2 oz. fondant each: rose, orange, green. Tint 1 1/2 oz. of remaining blue and yellow fondant darker shades than used to cover cake. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut message using cutters from set. Attach letters with damp brush. Pipe tip 3 lines on letters in buttercream.
For borders: Roll 1/4 in. diameter logs of blue and yellow fondant. Cut logs into 3/4 in. pieces; roll each into a ball and attach to base of cake with dots of icing. Insert candy plaque in cake top. Insert lollipop stick into hand with crayon; insert in cake. Position other hand. Attach paper bursts with melted yellow candy.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow covering cake. Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green letters. Combine Christmas Red with Red-Red and a small amount of black for red hands.