Egg-stra-terrestrial Easter Eggs
White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (3 1/4 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
White Candy Melts® Candy (1 oz. makes 6-8 eggs)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
- Easy-Add Spring Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Spring Confetti Sprinkles
Each egg serves one.
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Plastic ruler
Step 1Tint 2 oz. fondant violet, 1 oz. green, 1/4 oz. red for each egg.
Step 2Shape a 2 in. diameter ball of violet fondant for base. Flatten to a 2 1/2 in. circle, 1/2 in. thick. Press down center to fit egg. Attach hard-cooked egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Let set.
Step 3Roll out green fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use medium round Cut-Out to cut a circle for alien’s head. Trim 1/4 in. off bottom and attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 4Roll green fondant logs, 1/2 in. diameter x 1 1/4 in. long for arms. Use knife to cut slits for fingers. Attach to egg with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 5Attach candy eyeball with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Use black FoodWriter edible color marker to draw smile and antennae on head.
Step 6Roll small balls of violet fondant for alien antennae ends. Attach with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 7Cut a piece of licorice 3/4 in. long for spaceship antenna. Roll a 1/2 in. ball of red fondant; attach to antenna with melted candy in cut disposable bag. Use knife to cut a small hole in top of egg; insert licorice, leaving 1/4 in. extending at top and securing with melted candy in cut disposable bag.
Step 8Attach spring confetti for lights around base with melted candy in cut disposable bag. *Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more