Easter Fantasy Cake
As elegant as a classic, decorative egg, impress your family and friends with this Easter-inspired cake. The 3-D Egg Pan Set and 10 in. Ring Mold Pan create the base.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Ring Mold Pan Add to shopping list Ring Mold Pan
- Easy-Add 3-D Egg Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-D Egg Pan Set
- Easy-Add Happy Easter Bunny Candy Making Kit Add to shopping list Happy Easter Bunny Candy Making Kit
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 104 Add to shopping list Tip: 104
- Easy-Add Tip: 224 Add to shopping list Tip: 224
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Styrofoam block
- Green plastic grass
- Natural sponge
- Pizza cutter
- Tea Strainer
- Craft knife
Using egg pan, pattern, sugar mold recipe and instructions, mold sugar egg. Let dry.
Dust bunny mold with cornstarch and press white fondant into halves. Moisten flat side of one half and press halves together. Unmold. Re-dust one half of mold and set bunny in mold to dry overnight. Remove bunny and allow to dry for 2 additional days before use. Grind chalk in strainer and lightly dust pink for eyes and ears, gold for basket.
Tint 1 package rolled fondant rose and violet, following package instructions. Paint inside of egg sugar mold with piping gel. Press fondant into egg halves, trim off and save excess. Let dry. Using royal icing, connect halves. Pipe tip 6 bead border to seam and to edge of the window.
Using leftover rose/violet fondant , make 12 loops: Roll fondant to 1/8 inch thick; use pizza cutter and ruler to cut 4 each of 4, 5 and 6 inch lengths, 3/4 inch wide. Make extra to allow for breakage; reserve excess. Moisten ends and press together into loops; let dry on sides.
Using royal icing, make 12 pink and yellow tip 104 daisies with tip 5 centers. Make 15 tip 224 drop flowers with tip 2 centers. Make extra to allow for breakage and let dry, (Dry daisies in flower former).
Prepare cake for rolled fondant. Tint 1 package fondant plus remaining fondant from bunny mold and cover cake. Trim excess fondant and thin to piping consistency; pipe tip 8 bead bottom border. Dab color spots on cake with sponge and thinned royal icing. Wrap stryofoam with foil and place in center ring. Position egg, then bunny and Easter grass.
Using remaining violet fondant, cut 3/8 inch wide streamers, 2 each of 4, 5, 6 and 14 inches. Mound royal icing on top of egg, position loops and smaller streamers on egg, 14 inch streamers on cake. Attach flowers; pipe tip 352 leaves in royal icing.