Easter Egg-spress Cake
Candy shell train cars filled with molded Easter candy cargo make a sweet add-on to this 3-D Train Cake.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
2 Striped candy sticks
12 Vanilla wafer cookies
2 iced oatmeal cookies
Pastel Easter candy
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Choo-Choo Train Pan Set Add to shopping list Choo-Choo Train Pan Set
- Easy-Add Easter Eggs Candy Mold Set Add to shopping list Easter Eggs Candy Mold Set
- Easy-Add Hoppy Easter Lollipop Mold Add to shopping list Hoppy Easter Lollipop Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 17 Add to shopping list Tip: 17
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Zip-close plastic lunch bag
- Waxed paper
In advance, mold a variety of Easter candy without lollipop sticks using Hoppy Easter Lollipop Mold and Light Cocoa Candy Melts. Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
In advance, make candy shell train cars, using largest egg mold from Easter Egg Set (use mold half with flat bottom) and White Candy Melts. Refrigerate until firm; unmold
Ice side window area of train cake smooth with spatula. Cover cabin, chimney and lower engine area with tip 17 yellow stars.
For rounded engine area, alternate rows of tip 17 white stars with tip 17 zigzags in green, violet and blue. Add tip 17 swirls on top of chimney and front of engine; pipe tip 17 zigzags on cabin roof.
Pipe tip 17 string cowcatcher. Pipe tip 12 ball bunny head; add tip 7 pull-out ears and dot muzzle, tip 2 dot eyes and nose, tip 1 outline whiskers.
Turn candy car shells flat side down. Tint melted white candy violet and yellow. Pipe zigzag and dot designs using melted candy in cut parchment bag.
For engine and car wheels, in buttercream, pipe tip 17 swirls on vanilla wafers (6 green, 4 violet, 2 blue) and oatmeal cookies (2 violet).
On car wheels, pipe a white candy mound on back; let set. Attach wheels to candy cars with dots of melted candy and to engine with dots of icing; attach candy sticks to engine wheels with dots of icing (prop with sticks until set).
Place shredded coconut in plastic bag with a few drops of green icing color; knead until color is evenly blended. Fill candy cars with coconut and Easter candies. Position candy cars behind train. Sprinkle coconut around train.
To make candy shells: Fill pan or mold to top edge with melted candy. Tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
Let chill in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes or until a 1/4 in. shell has formed. Pour out excess candy, smooth top edges with spatula and chill for 15-20 minutes longer.
Carefully unmold shells (if you have difficulty removing shells, place in freezer for 2-3 minutes, then unmold). Excess candy can be reheated and used again.