Earn Your Ears Mini Cakes
Top off the celebration with fun Minnie Mouse and Mickey Mouse hat cakes inspired by your favorite Disney characters. Wilton Candy Melts candy, Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant and Minnie and Mickey Icing Decorations make it easy.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Icing Decoration Add to shopping list Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Icing Decoration
- Easy-Add Minnie Mouse Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Minnie Mouse Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Plastic ruler
- Waxed paper
- Warming tray (optional)
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
*For Minnie’s bow, tint a portion of fondant rose with a dot of violet for pink shown. Knead 1/8 teaspoon of Gum-Tex into fondant.
Make bow: Roll out pink fondant to 1/16 in. thick. Cut three strips 1 1/2 in. x 1/2 in., fold two strips into loops, brush ends with water pinch ends. Place loop ends touching. Wrap the third strip around center, securing with damp brush. Attach to Minnie’s hat with damp brush.
Bake and cool cakes. Position cakes on cooling grid over waxed paper.
Melt Dark Cocoa Candy Melts and add black candy color. Pour over cakes, tap grid gently to cover cakes evenly and eliminate air bubbles. Let set.
Make ears: Place medium round cut-out on cookie sheet. Pour melted candy into center of cut-out filling 1/8 to 1/4 in. deep. Tap sheet gently to eliminate air bubbles. Make two ears for each cake. Refrigerate until set. Gently remove.
Attach ears: On warming tray or warm cookie sheet, gently slide edge of ear to melt and attach to cake. Hold in place until set. Repeat for second ear.
Attach icing decoration and fondant bow with dot of melted candy.