Early Riser Cake
Use our 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan to create birds of many different feathers. Turn a duck into a crowing rooster by trimming the beak and adding a piped red icing wattle and cockscomb. Cock-a-doodle-doo!
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 127 Add to shopping list Tip: 127
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Bake and cool duck cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake.
Trim sides of beak to form smaller beak; ice smooth with spatula.
Cover remainder of cake with tip 18 stars. Pipe tip 18 pull-out star wings and tail feathers.
Pipe tip 6 dot eyes and tip 3 string for mouth.
On top of head, pipe a row of tip 18 shells to support ruffle; pipe tip 127 ruffle against shells.
Using tip 9, build up and pull out waddle under chin.