Dynamic Daisy Cake
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dancing Daisy Pan Add to shopping list Dancing Daisy Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Cotton Balls
- Craft knife
- 2007 Pattern Book PetalEasy-Add 2007 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2007 Pattern Book
At least 48 hours in advance: Make fondant flower petals. Mix 18 oz. fondant with 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex; tint light rose. Roll out 1/8 in. thick.
Using pattern, cut 6 petals. Dust underside of each petal with cornstarch; brush 1/2 in. from each end with water and fold together to form a loop.
Position cotton balls inside loop to hold shape and let dry on cornstarch-dusted board at least 48 hours. Also: Tint 2 oz. fondant dark rose; roll out 1/8 in. thick.
Using narrow end of tip 8, cut approximately 90 dots; attach to petals with damp brush.
Ice cake smooth. Pipe tip 4 lines on cake sides, 1 in. apart. Pipe tip 4 ball bottom border. Tint 4 oz. fondant yellow; roll out 1/8 in. thick.
Using pan as a pattern, cut flower center; position on cake. Remove cotton balls from petals and position on cake.
Trim petal ends in a curve to fit flush against flower center.
Roll a 3/8 in. diameter yellow fondant rope; form a spiral shape and attach to flower center with damp brush.