Duck Wagon Cake
Kids and adults will flock around this whimsical transport and its freeloading rider. The more the merrier. This Sheet Pan cake wagon and 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan cake provides 40 tasty servings.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Black shoestring licorice Add to shopping list Black shoestring licorice
Jelly candies (flattened)
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan Add to shopping list 3-D Rubber Ducky Pan
- Easy-Add 7 x 11 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 7 x 11 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 7 in. Grecian Pillars Add to shopping list 7 in. Grecian Pillars
- Easy-Add Comfort Grip™ Round Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Comfort Grip™ Round Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Masking tape
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
Prepare one gum paste recipe following package directions. Mix 16 oz. of fondant with gum paste; tint red. Roll out mixture 1/2 in. thick; cut four wheels with round cutter. Indent center of wheel for hubcap; fill with white fondant. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Cut cake board to 7 x 11 in. and cover with white fondant; let dry. When fondant dries, attach pillars horizontally to underside with tape. Shape 1 in. thick x 1 1/2 in. wide fondant base for hat. Shape top of hat 3/4 in. thick x 3 in. wide, round edges and let dry. Tint portion of fondant blue and cut a 3/8 in. wide hat ribbon; attach around base of hat; cross ends. Roll a small ball for button; flatten and attach to top of hat. Attach hat top to base with water and set aside.
Prepare cakes for stacked construction. Prepare and cover sheet cake with blue-tinted fondant; smooth. Position duck cake on board cut to fit. Ice beak smooth, pipe-in tip 8 eyes. Cover body with tip 16 stars; cover wings with tip 16 pull out feathers. Position sheet cake on fondant-covered board; position duck cake. Place hat on duck. Cut a 1/2 in. wide blue fondant tie and position around neck; cross ends. Push 8 in. dowel rods horizontally through cake, 1 inch from top, leaving 1/2 in. exposed at each end. Attach wheels to exposed dowel rods with fondant. For pull string, insert licorice in flat jelly candy; insert other end in cake.