Dublin Derby Mini Cake
Tip your cap to a lucky St. Patrick´s Day for everyone with these leprechaun lids! Derby Mini Cakes are easy as can be, baked in the Mini Ball Pan and decorated with fondant trims.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Each cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Shamrock Foil Fun Pix® Add to shopping list Shamrock Foil Fun Pix®
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Cotton Balls
- Paring Knife
Bake and cool cakes in Mini Ball Pan. Cool completely on Cooling Grid.
Prepare Buttercream Icing Recipe. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream.
For each cake, tint a 2 3/4 in. ball of rolled fondant green, a 1 3/4 in. ball black and a 1 in. ball yellow. Cover cakes with green fondant and smooth with fingers.
Roll out remaining tinted fondant 1/8 in. thick. For brim, cut a 5 in. green circle using paring knife; place on cornstarch-dusted board. Attach cake to brim with buttercream. Shape slight curves in brim and let dry, supporting curved areas with cotton balls.
For hatband, cut a 10 x 3/8 in. black rectangle with paring knife. For buckle, cut a 1/2 x 3/4 in. yellow rectangle and cut out center with paring knife. Attach pieces with damp brush.
Trim shamrock pick to 1 in.; insert in cake.